The cost of the trip to Japan is as follows*:
$24,750 per person
$18,375 per person
*This does not include a $1,800 tax-deductible donation per person to SFMOMA, which will be collected upon registration.
Please note that the trip cost is a bit higher than our past Director’s Circle trips for several reasons. Tokyo is, of course, an expensive metropolis. However, the increase in trip cost is mainly due to the fact that we will be traveling during peak cherry blossom season, which means Tokyo’s top hotels are in their highest demand. Similarly, please also note the larger difference this year between single and double occupancy trip prices is due to the high hotel cost in Tokyo. As always, we strive to keep traveler costs as low as possible, while still providing a unique, comfortable, and meaningful experience for our DC members. Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at any time.
- Six nights accommodation at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Tokyo
- A standard room at Benesse House Museum in the Park zone of the hotel (Larger rooms in the Museum itself and other areas of the facility – Oval and Beach – will be made available in the coming weeks for a supplemental charge).
- Private airport transfers from and to international flights
- All ground transportation, including on the Shinkansen (bullet train) in first class
- All visits and events as outlined in the nine-day final itinerary
- The services of our travel partner, People Make Places
- The services of SFMOMA staff leading up to and during the trip
- International flights to and from Japan
- Visa or travel insurance arrangements
- Early check-in or late check-out of hotels, room upgrades or incidentals
- Personal amenities
The fee is payable by international bank transfer (preferred).
Credit card payments (VISA, Mastercard or American Express) are also accepted.
Checks are not accepted for this trip.
A deposit of $6,000 per person and a tax-deductible donation of $1,800 per person to SFMOMA are required to confirm your place on the trip. The deposit becomes non-refundable immediately. The balance is due by December 1, 2018.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you must cancel your reservation, please note that all payments, including deposit and donation to SFMOMA, are fully non-refundable.
We highly encourage you to obtain travel insurance.
Exceptions to the above cancellation policy cannot be made for any reason, including weather, natural disasters, international affairs, or personal emergencies.
We highly recommend taking out trip cancellation insurance in case you should have to cancel your trip.